ActiveThis profile is actively maintained
Created before Nov 2016
Last update: 2021-12-01 00:00:00
Send feedback on this profile
Download as PDF
Share this page:
Swedbank AB is a Nordic-Baltic banking group offering retail banking, asset management, financial, and other services. The banking group was founded in 1997 as Föreningssparbanken AB. The group changed its name to Swedbank AB in September 2006.
172 63 Sundbyberg
Jens Henriksson |
President and CEO
|Annual report||Annual report 2020|
listed on Stockholm Stock Exchange
Swedbank's shareholder structure can be accessed here.
|Complaints and grievances||
Swedbank does not operate a compaints channel for individuals or communities that might have been affected by the bank's finance.
Stakeholders may raise complaints via the OECD National Contact Point (OECDC Watch).
Related Dodgy Deals
Dodgy Deals map
Banks and Climate
Bank net zero commitments
This table tracks the net zero pledges and commitments of banks. It shows whether banks have committed to net zero by 2050 and have set an interim emissions reduction goal for 2025 and/or 2030. It also notes banks that have not yet set targets but have pledged to do so in the future, including by joining the Collective Commitment to Climate Action or Net Zero Banking Alliance. Finally, it notes whether banks have (pledged to) set Science-Based Targets. More information and references can be found by expanding the 'details' section of each bank.
- A blue check mark means the bank has set a target or joined the alliance. A check mark does not mean that the target set by the bank meets any particular standard, just that is has set a target. In case we have identified short comings in the target, for example when it only applies to lending and not underwriting), this is noted in the 'details' section.
- An orange dash means a bank has pledged to set a target (for example, banks commit to set 2030 and 2050 targets when they join the NZBA), but have not yet actually done so.
CCCA = Collective Commitment to Climate Action
NZBA = Net Zero Banking Alliance
SBT = Science-Based Targets
As Nordic banks aim to go greener, lending lags asset management pledges
Förbjud bankernas stöd till fossilbolagen
Storbankerna stänger dörren för fossilbolag: ”Kommer tacka nej till kunder”
Scandinavian banks poured $67 billion into the fossil fuel industry since Paris
Swedish banks linked to the war in Yemen
New report linking Nordic banks and government pension funds to Indonesia’s palm oil deforestation
Banks and pension funds fail to act on allegations against Lundin Petroleum
Scandinavian banks linked to violations of indigenous peoples’ rights in Borneo
Still Undermining Our Future?!
Still Irresponsible Investments
Voluntary standardsSwedbank has committed itself to the following voluntary standards:
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Equator Principles
- Global Reporting Initiative
- ISO 14001
- Montreal Carbon Pledge
- Net-Zero Banking Alliance (NZBA)
- Principles for Responsible Banking (PRB)
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Science Based Targets
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- UNEP Finance Initiative
- United Nations Global Compact
Swedbank's web page on corporate social responsibility can be accessed here.