Johan Frijns, Director BankTrack
Share this page:
BankTrack aims to support the work of civil society organisations and communities affected by activities and projects financed by private sector banks. Our online database of dodgy deals projects- and company profiles exists to give a platform to campaigns, expose the links between banks and the dodgy projects and companies they finance, and ultimately help achieve positive changes through negotiating, lobbying and pressure on the banking sector.
With some fifteen years of experience in bank campaigning, a well-developed campaign tool box at our disposal and a wide range of contacts both within banks and with NGOs, we can support groups that wish to engage with banks as part of their own campaign work, or that want to team up with us in joint campaign work. We are also ready to assist communities (and their representing organisations) in dealing with banks involved in financing business activities that directly impact their rights and interests.
What we can do:
- Profile campaign targets: We can provide space on our website to feature a company or dodgy project, linking them with the banks that finance them. This will ensure that it gets noticed by a relevant audience of bankers, analysts, journalists, researchers and fellow campaigners;
- Provide research support: We can assist in researching the financial architecture of specific deals and sectors. We can also help analyse the quality of bank investment policies, comment on, or co-develop research methodologies, and conduct bank related research;
- Provide financial literacy and financial campaign training to campaigners: We have online (password-protected) training tools to which we can provide access. We can also co-develop a face to face training or specific training materials;
- Provide campaign advice and support: We know a thing or two on how to make a bank move and are happy to brainstorm and cooperate on how to make your own bank-focused campaign work a success;
- Strengthen public outreach: We can feature relevant bank-focused press releases, reports and campaigns on our website, in our blogs, our targeted mailing lists and on our social media channels;
- Provide speakers, facilitators: We may be able to speak at or facilitate seminars or conferences, or we may know who would be good to ask;
- Help identify decision makers at banks: We can help find the best people within specific banks or bank associations to contact, and can often provide contact details;
- Support communities dealing with banks: Depending on the specifics of the situation and the needs of communities affected by bank-financed projects and companies, we can support consultation processes, getting access to remedy, analysis of policy implementation and violations, engagement with bank decision makers and of course campaign work.
Let's team up!
If you are interested in teaming up with us, we kindly request you to fill in the form below, so that we have all relevant information to decide if and how we can cooperate. We then take it from there and will get back to you shortly.