Created before Nov 2016
Last update: 2020-01-21 15:39:04
Share this page:
About Triodos Bank
Triodos Bank is a Dutch social-ethical bank that finances companies, institutions and projects that benefit people and the environment. The bank was founded in 1980. Before that, Triodos existed in the form of a Foundation which used gifts and loans to support innovative projects and companies.
Triodos Bank operates in the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, the United Kingdom and Germany. Its head office is located in Zeist. Triodos Bank's core activities entail personal and business banking, investment management and private banking.
3704 EC Zeist
Peter Blom |
|Annual report||Annual integrated report 2018|
Triodos Bank is not publicly listed. SAAT is the foundation for the administration of Triodos Bank shares. To finance the shares, SAAT issues depository receipts.
Principles must bring commitments
Dutch Banking Sector Agreement on Human Rights publishes first annual report plus leverage and cocoa papers
Going Dutch: What’s in the new Dutch banking sector agreement on human rights?
Leading responsible banks pledge to quit coal as climate summit approaches
Taking Lobbying Public
Top financial institutions invest over US$43 billion in producers of cluster bombs
Maatschappelijk Verantwoord Beleggen
Banks shun harmful investments
Dirty Profits III
Aandelen in klimaatverandering / Shares in climate change (in Dutch, with English summary)
Beleggers op hete kolen: Een kritische doorlichting van de klimaatfondsen op de Belgische markt (in Dutch)
Voluntary initiativesTriodos Bank has committed itself to the following voluntary standards:
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Climate Statement Dutch Banking Association (NVB)
- Code Banken (Dutch Banking Code)
- De Spitsbergen ambitie
- Dutch Banking Sector Agreement on International Responsible Business Conduct regarding Human Rights
- Global Alliance for Banking on Values
- Global Reporting Initiative
- Observatoire de la responsabilité sociétale des enterprises (ORSE)
- Paris Pledge for Action
- Principles for Responsible Banking (PRB)
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Principles of Sustainable Banking
- UNEP Finance Initiative
See here for an extensive overview of Triodos Bank's investment approach.