ActiveThis profile is actively maintained
Created before Nov 2016
Last update: 2020-07-02 11:57:13
Send feedback on this profile
Download as PDF
Share this page:
About GLS Bank
GLS Bank (full name GLS Gemeinschaftsbank eG) is a German ethical bank that was founded in 1974 as an anthroposophical initiative by Wilhelm Ernst Barkhoff and Gisela Reuther. It was the first bank in Germany that operated with an ethical philosophy. The bank focusses on cultural, social and ecological initiatives, initiated by people, and not anonymous interests seeking capital or maximum profit.
Thomas Jorberg |
|Annual report||Annual report 2019|
GLS Bank has a co-operative structure.
Voluntary initiativesGLS Bank has committed itself to the following voluntary standards:
- Klimaschutz-Selbstverpflichtung des Finanzsektors
- Collective Commitment to Climate Action (CCCA)
- Global Alliance for Banking on Values
- Global Reporting Initiative
- Paris Pledge for Action
- Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF)
- Principles for Responsible Banking (PRB)
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Principles of Sustainable Banking
GLS Bank's webpage on corporate social responsibility can be accessed here.