ActiveThis profile is actively maintained
Created before Nov 2016
Last update: 2022-05-10 12:31:45
Send feedback on this profile
Download as PDF
Share this page:
About GLS Bank
GLS Bank (full name GLS Gemeinschaftsbank eG) is a German ethical bank that was founded in 1974 as an anthroposophical initiative by Wilhelm Ernst Barkhoff and Gisela Reuther. It was the first bank in Germany that operated with an ethical philosophy. The bank focusses on cultural, social and ecological initiatives, initiated by people, and not anonymous interests seeking capital or maximum profit.
Thomas Jorberg |
|Annual report||CSR Report 2020|
GLS Bank has a co-operative structure.
|Complaints and grievances|
Banks and biodiversity: are banks moving towards Kunming?
Banks called upon to take action to protect biodiversity ahead of UN Biodiversity Conference in Kunming
New bank climate initiative fails to grasp urgent need to end finance for fossil fuels
Voluntary standardsGLS Bank has committed itself to the following voluntary standards:
- Klimaschutz-Selbstverpflichtung des Finanzsektors
- Collective Commitment to Climate Action (CCCA)
- Global Alliance for Banking on Values
- Global Reporting Initiative
- Net-Zero Banking Alliance (NZBA)
- Paris Pledge for Action
- Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF)
- Principles for Responsible Banking (PRB)
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Principles of Sustainable Banking
GLS Bank's webpage on corporate social responsibility can be accessed here.