Johan Frijns, director. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page:
There are currently no volunteer and intern positions available. New positions will likely open in January 2019. Watch this space-
Come and volunteer with us
BankTrack is always looking for an extra pair of hands to help us get all the work done. You may join us in our office in Nijmegen in the Netherlands, or contribute to our efforts from home, provided that we can meet every now and then (so preferably you live in Europe).
If you are a student and are looking for a challenging internship, we might be the place for you. You may help out in researching policy developments with banks, analyze the social and environmental and human rights impacts of Dodgy Deals, or map out who is financing the next wave of coal power plants or oil pipelines. If you possess the right skills you may also support our work in other ways, by helping to further develop our campaign websites, support our media outreach, run our social media channels, help us fundraise, design our publications, improve our budget and financial systems etc. We will make a plan together on what best suits both your and our needs.
We always need volunteers that can help with website maintenance, production of Dodgy Deal profiles, help clean up our database, maintain our social media channels, sending out mailings, assist our campaign coordinators etc. As volunteer you spend some time in our Nijmegen office, but it is also possible to contribute your energy from where you live.
What's in it for you?
Both internships and volunteer places are unpaid positions. What we can offer you:
- Gain hands-on work experience in an internationally operating NGO that knows how to make a difference
- A crash course learning about the banking sector and the international civil society movement targeting banks
- Nice colleagues and suitable supervision
- Opportunities to attend conferences and events related to our work
- a beautiful view over the river while you work
- A modest volunteer/internship fee, depending on duration of your engagement, in accordance with guidelines and common practice in the Netherlands.
If you are interested in the above, please contact us with your plans and wishes, and include an up to date CV. To avoid disappointments, please take note of the following:
- The work of BankTrack is rather specialised, as we focus our work on the environmental and social impacts of private sector banks only. Please take a good look at this website before applying
- The internship or volunteer position is most rewarding for both you and us when it is rather intense (at minimum 3 days per week for interns and 2 days for volunteers) and not too short (at minimum three months)
- Prior knowledge of the topics we work on is not necessary but a distinct plus. But we have the tools available to bring you up to speed
- For you to fit into our international team it is necessary that your have excellent reading and writing skills in English.