ActiveThis profile is actively maintained
Send feedback on this profile
Download as PDF
Created before Nov 2016
Last update: 2016-05-24 11:19:52
Yu Xiaogang, Founder of Green Watershed
Share this page:
China Minsheng Bank was founded on January 12, 1996 in Beijing. It is the first bank in China to be owned mostly by non-government run private enterprises. The bank was founded by Jing Shuping, a Chinese lawyer and businessman.
Minsheng Bank has over two hundred banking outlets throughout China and relationships with more than seven hundred banks overseas.
2 Fuxingmen Nei Street, Xicheng District
Hong Qi |
Annual Report 2012 (Chinese)|
Corporate Social Responsibility Report 2012 (Chinese)
listed on Hong Kong Stock Exchange & Shanghai Stock Exchange
The bank was publicly listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2009 and it was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange in 2000.
Going out, but going green?
An Open Letter from a Coalition of Environmental NGOs to 16 Chinese banks Regarding the Chromium Pollution Incident in Luliang(English)
Voluntary initiativesChina Minsheng Bank has committed itself to the following voluntary standards:
The bank declared in its CSR policy improvements listed below. You can find policy texts under "Documents" section if the bank has disclosed any of them.
- Developed the Bank's internal green credit system, including assessment training for personnel and establishing a management system that controls for environmental risks in the credit approval process.
- Adhered to national and industry energy efficiency and emission reduction guidelines and policies.
- Implemented credit guidelines and policies related to energy efficiency and emission reduction from the Banking Regulatory Commission. Instructed employees to abide by the credit guidelines and policies for nationally-defined high emission and high consumption industries and to recognize their associated credit risk.
- Introduced “2009 Credit Policy Guidelines”.
- Developed an environment-related policy but did not disclose the original policy document.
- Issued “Green Credit Policy Guide of China Minshend Bank”.
- Developed “2010 Risk Policy Guidance”.
- Developed “Assessment Methods of Centralized Procurement Supplier Supervision and Management”.
- In 2011, the bank issued China Minsheng Bank Money Laundering Risk Management Procedures, the Guidelines for AML in Newly Incorporated Institutions in China Minsheng Bank, and the Guidelines for AML in Business Units in China Minsheng Bank. Also, it revised China Minsheng Bank Management Procedures for AML Customer List and for Classification of Customer's AML Risk.
- To control strictly on credit approval on high-emission, high-consumption and over-capacity industries, it released the Board of Directors' Opinions on 2011 Risk Management, the General Guidelines for 2011 General Credit Evaluation and Industry Credit Evaluation, and the Guidelines for 2011 Credit Policy of Energy Industry.
This year, China Minsheng Bank released its "Risk Policy Guidelines" and "Credit Assessment Guidelines." The bank also strictly implemented the central government's energy conservation policy and market access requirements.