Share this page:
Come and volunteer with us
BankTrack is always looking for an extra pair of hands to help us get all the work done. You may join us in our office in Nijmegen in the Netherlands, or work for us from home, provided that we can meet every now and then (so preferably you live in Europe).
We welcome applications from people that wish to volunteer for us for at minimum three months. We offer two kinds of positions:
If you are a student and are looking for an internship, we might be the place. You may be able to help out researching policy developments within banks, analyze the social and environmental impact of dodgy deals, companies or entire sectors such as palm oil or coal mining. If you possess the skills you may also support our work by helping to design websites, support our media outreach, prepare publications etc. We make a plan together on what best suits both your and our interests.
Next to the internships for students we offer volunteer positions. Spend some time in our office or contribute your energy from where you live. We always need volunteers that can help with website maintenance, production of profiles of companies and Dodgy Deals, help clean up our database, maintain our social media channels, sending out mailings, assist our campaign coordinators etc. We are flexible in how we can fit you in.
What's in it for you?
Both internships and volunteer places are unpaid positions. What we can offer you:
- Gain hands on work experience in a internationally operating NGO that knows how to make a difference
- Learn about the banking sector and the international civil society movement targeting banks
- Nice colleagues and suitable supervision
- Opportunities to attend conferences and events related to our work
- Work everyday with a beautiful view over the river
- A modest volunteer/internship fee, depending on duration of your engagement.
If you are interested in the above, please contact us with your plans and wishes, and include a CV. To avoid disappointments, please take note of the following:
- The work of BankTrack is rather specialised and focused on commercial banks only. Please take a good look at this website before applying
- The internship or volunteer position is most rewarding for both you and us when it is rather intense (at least 2 days per week) and not too short (minimum three months)
- Prior knowledge of the topics we work on -or a willingness to study them - is not necessary but a distinct plus
- For you to fit into our international team it is necessary that your have excellent reading and writing skills in English