sign on form

Stay up to date

Sign up now for all our news
in one monthly digest

The Co-operative Bank United Kingdom pdf

Main
Basics
Policies
Companies
News
Documents
Media
The completed solar cladding installation on The Co-operative Group's Miller Street 'Solar Tower', Manchester.
about The Co-operative Bank

The Co-operative Bank is an ethical bank operating in the United Kingdom. The bank introduced its Ethical Policy in 1992, which stipulates who the bank will and will not finance, based on its customers' ethical concerns.

The bank is part of The Co-operative Banking Group, which also  includes The Co-operative Insurance Society (CIS), as well as Britannia and the internet bank smile. The Banking Group is in turn part of The Co-operative Group, the UK's largest consumer co-operative.

In April 2013 an agreement reached with Lloyds Banking Group the previous year to acquire 632 Lloyds branches was abandoned, amidst news of heavy financial losses and a significant downgrade by the ratings agency Moody's. Following this, in order to plug a £1.5 billion capital shortfall, 70% of the bank's shares were sold to private investors in November 2013, leaving The Co-operative Group owning the remaining 30% of the shares.


ownership

The bank is 30% owned by The Co-operative Group, which is owned by its 7 million customer members. The remaining 70% is held by private investors, including a number of hedge funds.


image
headquarters
1 Balloon St.
M6O 4EP Manchester
United Kingdom
Home markets (Retail)
United Kingdom
supervisor
Bank of England
CEO/chair
Niall S. Booker
Chief Executive Officer
 
banktrack contact

Kevin Smith, Platfom - United Kingdom 

voluntary initiatives:

investment policies of The Co-operative Bank
Ethical policy
Feb 02, 2009 | The Co-operative Bank
A revised edition of the ethical policy of the bank - For updated version, see links section of bank profile.

additional information

Exclusion sectors of the Co-operative bank are available in their Ethical Policy, which is linked document at the 'document' section. These exclusion sectors include:

* Manufacture or transfer of armaments to oppressive regimes; 
* Manufacture or transfer of indiscriminate weapons, eg cluster bombs; 
* Extraction and production of fossil fuels (oil, goal and gas); 
* Animal testing of cosmetic or household products or ingredients. 

image
headquarters
1 Balloon St.
M6O 4EP Manchester
United Kingdom
Home markets (Retail)
United Kingdom
supervisor
Bank of England
CEO/chair
Niall S. Booker
Chief Executive Officer
 
banktrack contact

Kevin Smith, Platfom - United Kingdom 

BankTrack has identified controversial issues with the companies listed below that require attention from the Co-operative Bank.

image
headquarters
1 Balloon St.
M6O 4EP Manchester
United Kingdom
Home markets (Retail)
United Kingdom
supervisor
Bank of England
CEO/chair
Niall S. Booker
Chief Executive Officer
 
banktrack contact

Kevin Smith, Platfom - United Kingdom 

2015 2013 2012 2011 2010 2006
image
headquarters
1 Balloon St.
M6O 4EP Manchester
United Kingdom
Home markets (Retail)
United Kingdom
supervisor
Bank of England
CEO/chair
Niall S. Booker
Chief Executive Officer
 
banktrack contact

Kevin Smith, Platfom - United Kingdom 

image
headquarters
1 Balloon St.
M6O 4EP Manchester
United Kingdom
Home markets (Retail)
United Kingdom
supervisor
Bank of England
CEO/chair
Niall S. Booker
Chief Executive Officer
 
banktrack contact

Kevin Smith, Platfom - United Kingdom 

videos

The Co-operative Bank Ethical Policy
Oct 24, 2012 -

image
headquarters
1 Balloon St.
M6O 4EP Manchester
United Kingdom
Home markets (Retail)
United Kingdom
supervisor
Bank of England
CEO/chair
Niall S. Booker
Chief Executive Officer
 
banktrack contact

Kevin Smith, Platfom - United Kingdom 

Login

Good login. Redirecting to
'My Banktrack'.
Wrong login. Click here to request your password.
An email has been sent with your login!
Request password
This email is unknown.
<< Back
Search
Please provide one or more search terms

Join our mailinglist

Get all our latest news releases delivered straight to your inbox - or get our News Digest once a month

banktrack tweets
RT @sarwarsuman: What a shameless act. Protests for Sundarbans face police, BCL bar #StopRampal #Bangladesh https://t.co/1QQD0Ofkdk
Sep 30, 2016
A post-summer catch-up of campaigning news on banks - our packed September news digest: https://t.co/ML82TqhsLp W/ harsh words for ING...
Sep 30, 2016
contact
route
Vismarkt 15
6511 VJ Nijmegen
Netherlands


contact@banktrack.org
Contact us