ActiveThis profile is actively maintained
Created before Nov 2016
Last update: 2016-05-24 11:19:52
Yu Xiaogang, Founder of Green Watershed
Share this page:
Shanghai Pudong Development Bank (SPD Bank) was founded in August 1992 and it is a country-wide joint-stock commercial bank. It went public in 1999 and is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange. The bank has 36 branch offices throughout China and nearly 30,000 employees. The bank offers a variety of personal and corporate banking services, including the following: holding deposits; issuing loans and bonds; underwriting government bonds; purchase and sale of foreign currency; and offshore banking, among other things. The bank has been rated among the Top 100 Listed Companies in China by Asia Weekly and has been recognized on other issues as well. Additional information can be found on the bank's website.
NO.12 Zhongshan Dong Yi Road
Ji Xiaohui |
|Annual report||Annual Report 2014 (Chinese only)|
listed on Shanghai Stock Exchange
Voluntary initiativesShanghai Pudong Development Bank has committed itself to the following voluntary standards:
The bank declared in its CSR policy improvements listed below. You can find policy texts under "Documents" section if the bank has disclosed any of them.
- designed 2008 Shanghai Pudong Development Bank credit and investment policies and guidelines.
- publicly released guidelines and suggestions for financing energy efficiency projects.
- adhered to guidelines for international financial institutions regarding sharing loss responsibility from energy-efficiency projects.
- took the lead in launching their green credit program for comprehensive financial services. The program covered IFC and AFD financing of energy efficiency programs, CDM financial consulting, green investment holdings, as well as five specialized solution-based programs to provide domestic companies working on increasing energy efficiency and reducing emissions with comprehensive, integrated, and convenient financial services.
- published guidelines on corporate social responsibility as part of their strategic planning.
- launched “Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Credit Investment Policy Guidelines”.
- developed an environment-related policy but did not disclose the original policy document.
- Issued “Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Credit Policy (2010 Edition)” that included a clear energy-saving and emission-reducing credit provisions requiring under the government's industrial and environmental policies and regulations to execute pressure on credit businesses and new projects to maintain strict control over high energy consumption, high emission and resource-consuming, overcapacity in the enterprise.
- Issued “Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Green Finance Development Five-Year Plan”. Following the results of negotiations in Copenhagen and research results on low-carbon emission economic development potential, took part in drafting the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference, discussing China's low-carbon economy prospects and green finance development ideas.
- In 2011, it formulated Shanghai Pudong Development Bank 2011 Guidelines for Credit Allocation, clearly requiring the bank to focus on energy-saving and environmental-friendly industrialization and to develop green finance.
- It developed and implemented Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Interim Procedures of Social and Environmental Risk Management, and incorporated environmental and social risk management into the branch banks' appraisal system.
Draft of the "Shanghai Pudong Development Bank 2012 Credit Policy Guidelines," which are prominently "green credit" oriented, and guide credit resources toward a low-carbon and circular economy (no industry classification and management restriction), the compression and decline of the "Two Highs" industries, and require the credit to be distributed according to the strict limitations of state policy.